Meet Luis Labrador 3D artist for Disney Dreamworks and Sony

Bkhairul

Meet Luis Labrador 3D artist for Disney Dreamworks and Sony

Post by Bkhairul » Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:54 am

Perfect your 3D animation techniques with practical advice from this renowned artist, director and animator Perhaps it has happened to you that when you see the animation work of the big studios, you feel that their artists are unattainable, as if they were on another plane of reality. But what if everything depended on certain key elements that you can learn? Luis Labrador is a director, animator, CGI artist and storytelling expert of Spanish origin. He has worked on such feature films as Frozen and Frozen II , Watchmen, The Matrix: Revolutions, Wreck-It Ralph, and Kung Fu Panda 2. I spoke with him on Canvas , my art, concept art , and illustration YouTube channel. In this video Luis talks about design, proportions and style, three essential elements that will allow us to improve the quality of our 3D models. Luis Labrador also answered some questions about his creative process and current work: dare to learn “To this day, every day I continue to learn things.

Learning is something constant. Every day people photo retouching service talk to me about things I have to learn. It is something natural, and it is good that it happens”, Luis tells us. He believes that the worst that can happen is someone telling you that something is wrong without explaining why. When we are open to learning and change, meaningful collaborations and true personal growth occur. Meet Luis Labrador, 3D artist for Disney, Dreamworks and Sony 3 DreamWorks Animation The secret to getting collaborations When we want to get someone excited about our projects and agree to collaborate with us, the best strategy is to bring a finished idea. If you vaguely ask someone for help, the idea may never come to fruition; however, if we present them with a preliminary visual concept, the others get excited.

As we say in Spain, people want to get on the bike and go with you”, says Luis. Meet Luis Labrador, 3D artist for Disney, Dreamworks and Sony 5 Paramount Pictures The skills you should not forget in animation You don't just have to know how to draw to create spectacular 3D or 2D models. According to Luis, to be able to tell a great story with your drawings. You have to learn about storytelling , how cameras work, story boards , acting and other aspects related to cinematography. Finally, do not forget that it will require many hours of work and dedication to reach your maximum creative level. Article and interview by Jean Fraisse (jbfraisse ), concept artist who currently works as art director for the Mexican studio Huevocartoon. He teaches three courses at Domestika on character design , illustration , and concept art , in which you will learn about animation, setting creation, and video game projects.