Thread: books for css

books for css

i am posting this thread so that seniors can guide me. My question is according to new syllabus which books are best for IR, I. Law, Agriculture & Forestry, Us History, Gender studies,??????

please note that THe book should cover whole syllabus and material in it is supportive as i heard JWT, Dogars etc compile such kind of books???? because piling of books and notes is not the solution??? so if seniors can guide me which books be helpful
    Last edited by bhatti0242; 20th August 2015 at 03:55 PM.

I wonder, whether you really need help??? Is it the way to ask for help??

Note keep in mind
    I think Mr Bhatti first, you should mind your words>>>>

Hmm. Words of bhatti0242 are little bit offensive. But Ms Sandila Pls. do avoid to mind such things....

The dilemma is with many of the CSS Aspirant that they don't know how to arrange and use words. I think, politeness, humility are such vital virtues that they should never be a casualty in any kind of discourse.
    “Stop wishing, start doing”
    Life is a gift!

i didnt mean to offend anyone it is the case i m so tensed now a days regarding my preparation as i can't find anyone who give me guidance as time is short kindly share ur thoughts
    Last edited by bhatti0242; 20th August 2015 at 03:57 PM.

Mr. Bhatti I hope you will get through this. In fact, it's common with most of the aspirants now a days, as the time is limited and burden is pretty much; Feb is approaching on....Of course, it's fell hard on nerves. But, by keeping yourself focused and committed, you can get out of all the troubles related to CSS Preparation.

For the books of IR, follow the link given below;

http://www.cssworld.com.pk/showthrea...5-Books-for-IR

For International Law

Try to get notes from university's law campus. If you are from Lahore, you may find 'Public International Law' from Punjab University. This book is a contribution of N-Series.
    Moreover I. Law by Rahim Bux Matilo

For Gender Studies

Gender Studies by Nawaz Khalid (Nawaz Khalid's book on Gender Studies is comparatively much better)

Currently, there is no quality book available for Agriculture and Forestry. You should try to procure notes from some agri-graduates preferably the one who graduated from University of Agriculture, Faisalabad.

For US History

Howard Zinn's book 'People's History of United States'

Also American Government by Alan R Gitelson (only 13th and 14 chapters. 13th chapters is about domestic policies and 14th chapter is covers foreign and defense policies of USA. IT will provide you a good insight of the USA)
    "A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES BEGINS WITH A SINGLE STEP"

THANX Mudassir but again the same problem there are so many books recommended and also you are suggesting but the main issue is again that how one can read so many books in short time can't i find some hard stock in some combine form what about jwt and other books as i m not from lahore so tell me plz???

Dear, neither you should vie for nor there is any shortcut. Focusing on your concerns related to limited time, you need to draw a comprehensive strategy that involves time frame for all of your subjects. Moreover, there is no need to go through all the pages of a book. You should have to sort out, first, the relevant chapters in a book and then prepare them. However, there are some books like Gender Studies by Nawaz Khalid which you would have to study completely as these are either written or compiled purely for the CSS candidates and according to the CSS syllabus. Collecting all relevant materials in a single compiled book again goes in favour of your time limitations. Therefore, you can manage time by procuring and reading such books which contain most of the topics.

As regard to books of foreign authors and local compiled books, the choice is yours. There is no denying of the fact that the books written by foreign authors are qualitatively strong and always advisable. Every candidate at this time is left with more than 5 months. It's ample time; you are not too much short of time if not completely out of its limitations. Just embark on the journey with commitment and dedication.
    "A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES BEGINS WITH A SINGLE STEP"