CM rules out compromise on protection of Balochistan`s resources

QUETTA: While condemning the rocket attack on the house of Health Minister Rehmat Baloch in Panjgur, Balochistan Chief Minister Dr Abdul Malik Baloch said on Monday that no compromise would be made on the political and democratic struggle to protect the coast and resources of the province and all efforts would be made to provide security to people.

Responding to the points raised by some lawmakers, he said that attacks on Mr Baloch, Maulana Wasay, Mir Khaliq Lango and Sardar Reza Muhammad Barach could not force him to give up the struggle to achieve the rights of the people of Balochistan.

He said, `We do not claim that the law and order situation is totally satisfactory, but it is a fact that the situation has improved`.

Referring to the incidents of targeted killing in Quetta on Sunday and Monday, he said such crime had been committed to create unrest.Speaking on points of order Haji Islam, Yasmin Lehri, Shahida Rauf, Dr Shama Ishaq, Husna Bano, Sardar Abdur Rehman Khetran and Rahila Durrani condemned the rocket attack on the residence of health minister.

Maulana Wasay, Khaliq Lango and Reza Barach have also been targeted by attackers recently and remained unhurt.

The members emphasised that treasury and opposition members should collectively strive to ensure protection of the lives of people and frustrate the nefarious designs of terrorists and extremists out to create unrest in society.

The house passed a joint resolution tabled by Syed Liaquat Agha calling upon the centre to earmark four per cent of the coming budget for the education sector to promote education, particularly science and technology.

The session, presided over by Zamarak Khan Achakzai, was adjourned till Thursday.

Published in Dawn