Strategy for international relations

HAVE A LOOK AT BRIGHTER SIDE OF THINGS!!
    Having a look at brighter side of things reveals that according to Re-Grouping of Subjects, “International Relations” have been given 200 marks slot instead of 100 marks. Previously, this subject was having a meager 100 marks with a huge syllabus.The basic reason for not opting this subject was also owed to this fact.However, since now 200 marks will be covered for the same amount of syllabus, it becomes a matter of serious consideration for CSS aspirants to ponder over opting this subject.
    COMPLEMENTATION FACTOR!!
    It becomes a matter of great consolation for aspirants to know the amount of overlapping this important subject has with other subjects. So that while casting a look upon the subjects many a times and not knowing what to opt and what not to, it becomes a bit easier to CHOOSE,OPT,GET GOOD MARKS and have a sigh of relief!
    The complementing subjects include:

· International Law
    · Current Affairs
    · Pakistan and World Affairs
    · History of USA
    · English essay paper

The overlapping Topics include:
    Nation State System
    Power
    Balance of Power
    National Power
    Diplomacy
    Imperialism
    Evolution of state system since 1815
    World War 1
    World War 2
    Cold War
    SEATO, CENTO, NAM, UN.
    Contemporary Issues
    · Indian Ocean and PACIFIC Ocean; Great Powers Moves and hegemony
    · Kashmir Issue
    · Palestine Issue
    International and Regional Organizations
    · League of Nation,
    · United Nations,
    · Regional Organizations,
    · EU
    · ASEAN
    · NAFTA
    · SAAR,
    · SCO
    · OIC
    · ECO
    · WTO

SCAN THROUGH THE PAST PAPERS!!
    Now, after having a careful analysis of the syllabus, jotting down the important topics and extracting useful information;next step is the thorough analysis of the past papers. Go through recent past papers and check out the exam trend. See the most asked questions and most asked topics and check how the examiner asks and twists a question.
    FIND THE RIGHT BOOK!!
    Read a book for the general understanding purpose, for example:
    - World politics since 1945 by Peter Calvocoressi
    - Politics amongst nations by Hans Morgenthau
    After having a general understanding of the subject, grab a book specifically written from CSS Exam point of view and prepare yourself for the battle!
    A highly recommended book of IR is “INTERNATIONAL RELATION” BY PROF. IKRAM RABBANI.
    STAY UP-TO-DATE WITH CURRENT AFFAIRS!!
    Another aspect of International Relations is covered by staying up to date with current affairs.

Aoa...i am much confused in subject selection.. in your view ... which one is more scoring..political science or international relations??i have studied both.. pol science is much conceptual but according to my aptitude.. i may be able to handle it easily..but it is not as scoring as international relations..i.r is relating to current affairs.. i have got the books of both but i dont know what to do..please help

To me IR seems more appealing. Pol. science is highly conceptual and overlapping. However, it is, i think, wrong to assume that IR is more scoring than pol science especially after the changes FPSC has brought in its new decision. Erroding the scoring trend was the underlined strategy behind these changes. So if you are fluent in pol. science and can handle it with ease then, it will be more appropriate for you rather than rambling from one subject to other.
    My selection is IR.
    "A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES BEGINS WITH A SINGLE STEP"

Quote Originally Posted by Mudassir View Post
    To me IR seems more appealing. Pol. science is highly conceptual and overlapping. However, it is, i think, wrong to assume that IR is more scoring than pol science especially after the changes FPSC has brought in its new decision. Erroding the scoring trend was the underlined strategy behind these changes. So if you are fluent in pol. science and can handle it with ease then, it will be more appropriate for you rather than rambling from one subject to other.
    My selection is IR.
    Well, in my opinion opting for IR insted of Political Science would be a wise choice as it would help you in many other subjects as well. Studying Ir would broaden your horizon and let you excel in in other complementing subjects too,such as Current Affairs, Pak Affairs, International Law, History of USA etc!!