Examiners Report::Town Planning & Urban Management::CSS-2016

Examiners Report::Town Planning & Urban Management::CSS-2016

>Writing standard of the candidates for attempting questions is not remarkable.

> Conceptually they are very weak. Majority (95%) have developed their own meaning to various concepts of town planning asked in the question paper

> Majority (80-85%) have not even understood the questions correctly, being asked in the paper. Particularly in case of question No. 3, 4 and 5.

> The attempted questions are more inclined towards output rather than outcome. The candidates were neither precise nor to the point.

> Majority of the candidates were very weak in grammar and sentence structure.

> Structure of the paragraph and flow of writing donít exist in most of the paper. I am even not fully satisfied of the passing candidates, except very few (almost 2 or 3).

> Finally I have not found any competition among the candidates. No one got outstanding position. However, only two candidates can be rated very good only

Complete Report of the Examiner

I appreciate the commission’s decision to incorporate the subject of “Town planning urban management” in the list of papers for CSS examination. It is really a wise decision as majority of the successful candidates select DMG as their career and work as a policy makers for the physical development of the country. Therefore, they must have an idea for spatial planning and development. The country is in intense need of such a policy makers who can foresee the appropriateness of various programs. The introduction of this subject will surely increase understanding of snail process of development in Pakistan. A good syllabus need to be formed for it, so that candidates may not only understand the concepts but could better analyze and synthesize the development prospects of Pakistan.

Here is a brief review of the present (2016) papers attempted by the candidates

 Writing standard of the candidates for attempting questions is not remarkable.

 Conceptually they are very weak. Majority (95%) have developed their own meaning to various concepts of town planning asked in the question paper.

 Majority (80-85%) have not even understood the questions correctly, being asked in the paper. Particularly in case of question No. 3, 4 and 5.

 The attempted questions are more inclined towards output rather than outcome. The candidates were neither precise nor to the point.

 Majority of the candidates were very weak in grammar and sentence structure.

 Structure of the paragraph and flow of writing don’t exist in most of the paper. I am even not fully satisfied of the passing candidates, except very few (almost 2 or 3).

 Finally I have not found any competition among the candidates. No one got outstanding position. However, only two candidates can be rated very good only
    Imagination is more important than knowledge