HISTORY OF USA
∑ From ancient times to 1492
∑ Advent of the Europeans to British supremacy (1492-1606)
II. USA as a British Colony (1606-1783).
III. USA as an Independent Country (1783 - 1819)
IV. Expansion of USA: From 13 to 50 States (1820 - 1949)
V. Constitution of the USA: Salient Features
VI. Civil War between the North and the East (1850 - 1869)
VII. Industrialization and its emergence as one of the world powers (1870 -1916)
VIII. USA’s role in the Two World Wars (i. 1914 – 1918, ii. 1939 - 1945)
IX. Post 1945 world scenario and emergence of USA and USSR as the Two World
X. American Role in patronizing UNO and International Organizations 1945 – 2012
XI. American Role in Cold War and its emergence as the Sole super Power (1945 -
XII. International Concerns of USA: An Overview.
XIII. The War on Terror and the Role of Pakistan and USA (2001 - 2012)
XIV. Global perceptions of the USA.
XV. Progressive Era: Reforms of Theodore Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson,
XVI. The Great Depression and the New Deal
XVII. Civil Rights Movement
XVIII. United States Role in International Conflicts
XIX. US Presidential Election
XX. US Congress and its Mandate
XXI. Separation of Powers and Check & Balances
S.No. Title Author 1. The Ideological Origins of the American Revolution, Bailyn. Bernard, 1992 2. A Pocket History of the United States Commager, H. and
Nevins, Allan, 1967
3. Painless American History, Curt Lader, 2009 4. The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History E.Woods, Thomas Jr.,
5. The Civil War: A Narrative Foote, Shelby, 1986 6. The American Political Tradition and the Men Who
7. US-South Asian Relations 1784 – 1940: A History
Iftikhar H. Malik, ed.,
8. The Tragedy of Great Power Politics Mearsheimer, John, 2001 9. Enlightenment Revolution and the Birth of Modern
Nelson, Craig, Thomas
10. The USA: 1917 – 1980 Smith, Nigel, 2006 11. American Colonies: The Selling of North America Taylor, Alan, 2002 12. White Over Black: American Attitudes Toward the
Negro 1550 – 1812
Winthrop D. Jordan, 13. The Complete Book of U.S. Presidents. William. A. De Gregorio,
14. A people’s History of the United States: 1492 to
Zinn, Howard, 1980
Last edited by Shehzad; 18th April 2015 at 12:53 PM.
"A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES BEGINS WITH A SINGLE STEP"